Commercial Carpet Cleaning Benefits
Many carpets are designed to camouflage dirt, especially carpet intended for commercial areas and businesses. Because these same carpets see so much traffic, they can get pretty dingy and rough-looking over time. A poorly maintained carpet can actually hurt your business, so frequent carpet cleaning is a good investment. A carpet that isn’t well cared-for will need to be replaced sooner than one that receives regular cleanings and maintenance, costing you a lot more money in the long run!
- If you own a commercial building space, keeping your carpets in good repair can cut down on customer complaints and liability from any trips and falls.
- Clean carpeting and flooring are part of the good image of your business: clients will be more comfortable with you, and your employees will feel more positive about their work environment. A happy worker is much more productive!
- A clean carpet also reduces illness-causing biological contaminants such as bacteria, mold and viruses that can negatively affect your clients and work staff. This will be especially important during cold and flu season.
Having your commercial carpets cleaned regularly should be part of your business maintenance program.
Consider these points when deciding what an appropriate cleaning schedule should be:
- Color, nap and pile, type, and density of your carpet: a higher-quality carpet will probably be able to go longer without cleaning, for example, and hold up better over time.
- Foot traffic in your place of business: this aspect is going to change based on seasons and weather. A busy workplace is great, but it comes with its own set of challenges.
- The type of your commercial space: if you own a business that uses heavy machinery, you will need to have a much heavier cleaning schedule.
- The type of business you conduct: a veterinary office, daycare or restaurant is going to need more attention than an attorney’s office, for example. If you are a business related to the medical field, your needs may be very specific based on the area of medicine you are associated with.
Our team at SERVPRO of South Richland County are trained experts when it comes to helping with all your commercial cleaning needs. If dingy, dirty carpets are a problem in your commercial property call us today at (419) 526-2701.