Restoring your Commercial Property after a water damage event.
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
This Fall in Richland County Ohio has been very wet ! Flooding and water damage to a commercial property are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Richland County.
SERVPRO of Richland County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We are here 24 hours a day. Seven days a week ! Please call SERVPRO of Richland Co. for all of your restoration needs.419-526-2701
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Home in Richland County
SERVPRO is an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Richland Co. of Ohio is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) create the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
SERVPRO of Richland County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
"Like it never even happened."
Test and Turn
The American Red Cross reminds us to Turn and Test
Great Advice from American Red Cross!
Did you know:
- Every day 7 people die in the United States due to a home fire
- You have two minutes- that 120 seconds – to escape a home fire
- On an annual average, the Ohio Buckeye Region of the Red Cross responds to over 3 home fires per day in our 45 counties!
The American Red Cross cares about your safety and encourages you to test your smoke alarms and replace your batteries as needed. This is a lifesaving action of our Home Fire Preparedness Campaign, which rallies communities across the country to protest people from these every day disasters.
Home Fires are the most significant disaster our Ohio Buckeye Region faces. So Sunday, November 5, we encourage you to TURN and TEST!
Take the extra moment needed to check those Fire Alarms.
Steps on Making a claim for your water damage
Flooding in Commercial Building due to a leaking pipe in the bathroom on the second floor
The process for making a claim for water damage is pretty much the same for flood or non-flood damage.
- Stop the water flow or leaks if possible.
- Of course, if your home is flooded by a raging river, that is likely impossible until the water recedes. However, if you have a burst water pipe, you need to take steps to stop the leak. Turn off the water main or get the pipe repaired quickly.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Most insurance companies offer a 24/7 claims number. The customer service representative can help you get the claim started and tell you the exact next steps the insurance company will need you to do.
- Take pictures and/or video of the damage.
- You need to have a visual record of the damage to the building and its contents. This is critical for your claim.
- Make reasonable repairs to the property to secure it from further damage.
- This includes covering holes in the roof, securing windows with plywood, etc.
- Start getting the water out.
- If you have water remaining inside the building, you can start removing it. You can do this yourself or have a water extraction company do it. Keep all receipts since insurance may cover those costs.
- Don't throw anything away.
- The adjuster will need to see all damaged property.
- Write down all your interactions with the insurance company.
- This includes time, date, who you spoke with, and the details discussed. Always follow up in writing on important discussions.
- Keep a central file that includes your interaction log, documents received from the insurance company, copies of the photos taken, and copies any correspondence you send.
Cleanup and Restoration
Tree that fell on a home due to a storm
Storm and flood damage can be devastating. Immediate action is needed, and you need the company with storm damage experience. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster and can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today 419-526-2701
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
Why Choose a SERVPRO Franchise Professional?
They are Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are dedicated to responding immediately to water and storm damage emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
They're Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists
They specialize in water and storm damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have extensive water damage restoration training that enables them to get you back to normal.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
They Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have a national network of over 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Team strategically located throughout the country.
Regardless of the Storm Damage, They Can Help
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you'll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources.
- Flooding caused by heavy rains
- Hurricanes and tidal surges
- Tornadoes and wind damage
- Ice and snowstorms
- Wild fires
Carpet and Oriental Rug Cleaning
Oriental Rug Cleaning
DID YOU KNOW??... Residue from smoke or soot will settle on the fibers of your carpet and area rugs. The residue will be ground in every time someone walks on them after fire or smoke loss. In most cases SERVPRO will do a showcase method of cleaning to completely free the carpet of all smoke residue. The showcase method consists of gently agitating the carpet fibers with a machine that applies a highly effective detergent, and then rinsing the carpet with a top-of -the-line water extraction unit. The carpet will also be deodorized, leaving a fresh clean scent. Whether it is wall-to-wall carpeting or the most expensive oriental rug, SERVPRO is experienced in cleaning all types of carpet fibers. Taking proper care of your carpets and rugs they will last longer.
Carpet cleaning services
Our professionals clean carpet.
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have accidents and homes get dirty. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. The residential cleaning services performed by SERVPRO professionals will not only ease the burden of the constant maintenance of your home, but will also create a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
Help the life of your carpet by having them professionally. Trust our skilled and talented team to take care of your carpet needs.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can also make a dirty carpet "Like it never even happened."
Need Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today 419-526-2701
Fall is in the Air !!
The beauty of fall
It’s finally Fall!!! The fall season brings colors and an abundance of outdoor activities. Plan ahead this season to help ensure it is safe and fire-free. Here are a few tips for this fall to make sure that we keep fall fire-free.
- Keep Fall decorations away from open flames and heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Keep emergency exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes.
- Teach children to stay away from open flames and make sure they know in case of a fire to stop, drop and roll if they are in a situation in which their clothes may catch on fire.
- It is safest to use a flashlight or battery-operated candle in a jack-o-lantern. Place lit pumpkins away from anything that can burn and out of the ways of doorsteps, walkways and yards.
MOLD: what to do until help arrives
Visible Mold on support beams due to water damage
In as little as 48 hours mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO franchise Professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem. By calling in the professionals at SERVPRO your heading in the right direction.
WHAT TO DO:
1. Stay out of affected areas
2. Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
3. Contact a SERVPRO Franchise for mold remediation services.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
1. Don't touch or disturb the Mold
2. Don't blow air across any surfaces with visible mold.
3. Don't attempt to dry the area yourself.
4. Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
WATER DAMAGE TIPS
Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have A Water Damage Emergency?
With over 1,700 Franchises nationwide, there’s a SERVPRO Professional nearby and ready to serve you.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.